Privacy has always been an important part of how we do business. We would like to make our policy concerning information collection and use absolutely clear. This notice explains our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way information is collected and used.
The Information We Collect
At Grand Valley Power, we do not collect personally identifiable information about you through our website unless you voluntarily provide it. At any time, you may opt out of providing such personally identifiable information by simply not providing it or by discontinuing your use of the Grand Valley Power website. Examples of personally identifiable information which you may provide to us while using our site include:
- Email addresses
- Phone number
- Account number (if you are a current member)
- Social Security number
- Information about your computer and browser
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information you voluntarily provide to:
- Fulfill your request
- Help you quickly find and/or receive information about Grand Valley Power or one of its affiliated companies
- Alert you to updated information and services
- Provide more complete service
- Improve the content of our website for your reference
- Answer your questions
In some cases, we may contact you to let you know about new products or services. If you do not wish to be contacted by us for this purpose, you may provide this request by sending us an e-mail at Contact Us.
Grand Valley Power does not sell the personally identifiable information you provide for financial gain nor does Grand Valley Power share such information with third parties for the purpose of sending you advertisements for products or services unaffiliated with Grand Valley Power or with its affiliates or business partners. Grand Valley Power may, however, share personally identifiable information that you provide to us for legitimate business purposes, including without limitation the following:
- Transferring such information to Grand Valley Power’s affiliates and subsidiaries, unless such transfer is prohibited by law;
- Transferring such information as part of a merger, consolidation, acquisition, divesture or other corporation restructuring (including bankruptcy);
- Making such information available to third parties who are providing the product, service or information that you have requested, but your password will not be provided to third parties;
- Making such information available to third parties who are providing services to Grand Valley Power or its subsidiaries or affiliates (e.g., providing such information to third parties performing computer-related services for Grand Valley Power or its affiliates). Your password will not be provided to third parties;
- Disclosing such information is allowed by law or our legal counsel forms a good- faith belief that such disclosure is required by federal or state law, subpoena or court order.
By providing personally identifiable information, you expressly consent to these privacy practices. Also, Grand Valley Power reserves the right to share any aggregated information (i.e., non-personally identifiable information) with any third parties for any reason, unless prohibited by law.
Grand Valley Power uses available industry-standard practices to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration and destruction. Such measures include firewalls and Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) to encrypt and protect certain sensitive transmissions of information. However, no security system is fail-safe, and Grand Valley Power cannot guarantee the information you provide will never be obtained by unauthorized persons. The yellow lock at the bottom right-hand corner of a web page indicates that a user is on a secured site. In some areas of our web site, we require a user ID and password for you to access certain information. Grand Valley Power will not disclose such password to third parties; however, you are responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your password.
Obtaining and Correcting Personally Identifiable Information
If you wish to obtain a copy of the personally identifiable information that we have obtained from you through your use of this site, or you believe that we have personally identifiable information that we have obtained from you through your use of our site, please contact us using the information below:
How to Reach Us
We can be reached in the following ways:
- Postal Address: Grand Valley Power, P.O. Box 190, Grand Junction, CO 81502
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (970) 242-0040