By providing personally identifiable information and using our services, you expressly consent to these privacy practices.
The Information We Collect
Grand Valley Power collects personal information from you when you start service, update contact information, contact our customer service support, visit our website, and submit electronic requests.
The information we collect about you may include personal information such as:
- contact information (e.g., name, mailing address, email, and/or phone number);
- usernames, IDs, security question information for accounts you may establish on our website(s) or with third parties associated with the services we provide to you;
- financial and banking information;
- Social Security Number, and
- driver’s license or other state identification number.
We also collect account information from you such as:
- service address;
- energy consumption data;
- billing and payment history; and
- service history.
At Grand Valley Power, we do not collect personal information about you through our www.gvp.org website unless you voluntarily provide it. Examples of personal information which you may choose to provide us while using our site include:
- email addresses;
- mailing or service address;
- phone number;
- account number (if you are a current consumer);
- Social Security Number; and
- information about your computer and browser.
Grand Valley Power’s website features registered and non-registered trademarks and content protected by copyright. Such trademarks and content may not be used without prior written permission from Grand Valley Power. From time to time, Grand Valley Power may provide links to third-party websites that may be of interest to its consumers. However, we are not responsible for the accuracy or content of the information.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
Grand Valley Power uses your personal and account information to identify you, to establish, manage, and service your account, to facilitate payment, to communicate with you, to alert you about updated information and services, to improve our service to you, and to respond to any questions and comments we receive from you. We also use this information to operate, evaluate, and improve our customer service, to protect against fraud, and to comply with legal requirements. Internal access to and disclosure of the information we retain about you is restricted to those with a legitimate business need.
Your privacy is important to us. Grand Valley Power does not sell your personal or account information for financial gain. Nor does Grand Valley Power share such information with third parties for the purpose of sending you advertisements for products or services unaffiliated with Grand Valley Power. Grand Valley Power may, however, share your personal and/or account information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes, including:
- For use by trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential;
- When required by federal or state law, subpoena, search warrant, or court order;
- In response to requests about typical approximate monthly billing or usage, or from another utility provider from whom a consumer is applying for services;
- For referral for past due accounts for payment collection;
- To investigate, prevent, or act on suspected or known illegal activities or interference with our operations, or to protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety; and
- As authorized by you.
Trusted third parties with whom we share personal and account information for purposes related to your service through Grand Valley Power include National Information Solutions Cooperative, which hosts SmartHub for managing your energy account, as well as other entities providing web-based energy analysis and consumer engagement software. These trusted third parties may have separate applicable privacy policies. In some cases, Grand Valley Power or its trusted third parties may communicate with you about new energy products or services. If you do not wish to be contacted for this purpose, you may “unsubscribe” from within such email communications, or you can call (970) 242-0040 or email us at email@example.com.
Please also note that Colorado law requires that we provide verified candidates for the Board of Directors with a list of Grand Valley Power consumers, along with their addresses. The use of this information is strictly limited to election-related communications, and candidates must destroy the list after the election.
Finally, from time to time, Grand Valley Power may share aggregated information (i.e., non-personally identifiable information) with third parties as may be permitted or required by law—including but not limited to governmental entities and regulators.
Grand Valley Power is committed to protecting your personal and account information. We use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the information we retain about you. We also comply with applicable data privacy and destruction requirements required by law.
However, no security system is fail-safe, and Grand Valley Power cannot guarantee the information you provide will never be obtained by unauthorized persons. Moreover, no transmission of information through email or the internet is entirely secure, and therefore Grand Valley Power cannot guarantee the security of information you provide to us electronically.
Obtaining and Updating Personal or Account Information
If you wish to request your personal or account information, or request that certain information be updated or deleted, please contact us as indicated below. We will make every effort to respond to your requests in a timely manner.
How to Reach Us
We can be reached in the following ways:
- Postal Address: Grand Valley Power, P.O. Box 190, Grand Junction, CO 81502
- Physical Address: Grand Valley Power, 845 22 Road, Grand Junction, CO 81505
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (970) 242-0040
Adopted: September 21, 2022